Try this delicious apple crumble recipe using our own GF oats. A healthy alternative for a yummy dessert.
- 800g Granny Smith apples, peeled, cubed and steamed (or tinned pie apple)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup almond meal (other nut meals work too)
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- ½ cup GF Oats, processed until fine
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 40g Nuttelex or butter soft but not mel
- ½ cup walnuts, crumbled
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 2 tbspns melted coconut oil
- Coconut flakes (about a handful)
- 1 Tblspn water extra if necessary
Preheat oven to 160°CPlace the apple in a deep casserole dish and mix the cinnamon through. Spread the apple evenly over the base of the dish – it should come up the sides of the dish about 5cm.In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the Nuttelex, coconut oil and water, then using your fingertips, work these wet ingredients through the dry ingredients until the mixture is moistened.Sprinkle evenly over the apple and press down gently. Top will coconut flakes.Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top has browned.Serve hot with almond custardRecipe inspired by Friendship Foods.