Australia Day GF Oats Anzac Biscuits
Celebrate Australia Day by baking an Aussie classic with a twist, using GF Oats. Our Australia Day Oats Anzac Biscuits Recipe is quick and easy to make and sure to be a crowd pleaser this Australia Day. Our recipe is versatile with options for a slice version as well as the traditional biscuit recipe. A perfect snack for your Australia Day picnic.
- 1 ½ cups or 260g gluten free SR Flour
- 1 cup GF Oats / 100g
- 100g Butter or Nuttlex for a Vegan Option
- 1 cup /70g Coconut sugar
- 1 cup desiccated Coconut/50g
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl; mix well.
- Combine butter, syrup and water into a bowl and stir over a low heat on the stove without boiling, until butter has melted OR in your Thermomix for 2min/60oC/Speed2.
- Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients in a bowl; mix well or add into Thermomix with the syrup mixture. (Don’t add extra bicarb, it’s already in the flour mix.)
- Roll the mixture into balls in your hands and place on a pre-greased baking tray.
- If the mixture is too dry (ie. When you try to roll the mixture into balls it falls away) add more water by the tablespoon.
- Grease a rectangular 19cmx29cm slice pan; line base and sides with alfoil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press 2/3 of the above mixture over the base of prepared pan. Spread evenly with marmalade; crumble the remaining mixture over the top.
- Bake biscuits in approx: 160 deg C for 12-15minutes or until biscuits have browned. Let biscuits cool on the tray to harden and then transfer to cooling rack.