Add some healthy sweetness to your breakfast with Banana Oatmeal and delicious caramelized sauce. Made with Gloriously Free Oats.
This recipe is part of our Winter Warmer series. I found this cute little recipe on the internet. And I was super surprised by it, so hopefully, it will surprise you too.
This caramelized banana oatmeal recipe only needs a few ingredients and is quick to make. The caramelized banana will really sweeten up the base oats mixture of your porridge.
And gives you something delicious and warm for a winter’s morning.
Let us know if you try this recipe. Also, tell us what favourite fruit you like in your oats for breakfast.
We hope you enjoy it!
Here are the ingredients you need.
- 1/2 cup Gloriously Free Uncontaminated Oats
- 1 Banana
- dash of Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or Golden Syrup
- optional sea salt, chocolate or other toppings
- Cook the GF Oats according to package directions. To make the oatmeal even creamier, cook in milk or almond milk.
- Heat coconut oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla and let it bubble for a short time until the ingredients are incorporated. It will become light, foamy and bubbly
- Slice banana and add to bubbly mixture and simmer for a few minutes on each side until soft and plump.
- Remove from heat. Stir half of the sautéed banana slices into the oatmeal and reserve the other half for topping. Add other desired toppings and enjoy
- Recipe inspired by @pinchofyum
- WATCH THE VIDEO
Find more Oats recipes here