Banana Oats Recipe
Thank you, Sharon Thomas, for this amazing Banana Oats Recipe, using GF Oats! We can’t wait to try it! Don’t forget to send us your GF Oats recipe with a photo of your creation to get a $25 discount code to spend on any item on our website! We’d like to thank everyone that has sent theirs in we appreciate your time and effort!
Sharon’s Social Media handle are:
Instagram – @shazeatsplants
Banana Oats Recipe
Below is a simple banana oats recipe to add a little something extra to your daily oats – feel free to adjust to your taste buds and enjoy.
This serving of oats is what I would generally have but could be split into two bowls if you prefer smaller serves.
- 2/3 cup Gloriously Free Oats
- 1 large banana (2 small)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- One tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- Approx 1 tablespoon each of Vegan butter and sugar (or maple syrup) for caramelising banana *
- Chopped walnuts, cinnamon, maple syrup for toppings **
- Put water and oats in a saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Mash ½ large banana (or one small)
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, mashed banana, maple syrup and almond butter (optional) to the oats
- Simmer oats for 5 minutes and remember to stir regularly
- Whilst oats are cooking, caramelise the remaining banana by heating vegan butter and sugar in a non-stick pan, adding banana and cooking for a minute or so on each side
- Once oats are done, transfer to a bowl and top with the caramelised banana, walnuts, more cinnamon and maple to your liking
* I found I had a hit/miss experience caramelising banana (you could also try using less butter than sugar, or even dry frying), or you could just add a plain banana or other fruit
** Toppings/oat ingredients are so interchangeable, e.g. feel free to add chopped walnuts into your oats or add additional toppings (the more the better I say!!)