Breakfast Fruit & Nut Granola Using GF Oats
- 2 cups of GF Oats
- 1 cup of your favourite assorted nuts and seeds
- 1/3 cup of apple or pear juice
- 5 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 cup non-sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup sultanas or raisins
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- ¼ cup chopped apricots
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180oC
- Combine oats, nuts salt in a bowl. Mix in juice and golden syrup. Add cinnamon and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir in coconut and bake until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Add fruit to granola and store in an airtight container for 1 week.
Recipe variation – Granola and peach parfait – Layer granola, peaches and your favourite yoghurt in a wine glass and you have a very simple and delicious dessert snack.