Fuel your body right for the day with this Breakfast Oat and Chia Seed Porridge. An overnight oats recipes so you are ready to go in the morning.
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups GF Oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup pepitas
- 4 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Half a Tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tspn ground ginger
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Lemon juice to taste
- The night before soak the following in water (leave on the bench with a plate to cover): Bowl One – Small: Cover chia seeds with water (forms a gel) Bowl Two – Large: Combine oats, raisins, pepitas, sunflower seeds, dates and cranberries and cover with your choice of milk or water.
- To make the Chia Seed Porridge: Add chia seed gel to blender.
- Drain and rinse the oat mixture and add about a third of the mixture to the blender with the chia, some milk, cinnamon, ginger and a small squeeze of lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to do this in stages depending on the size of your blender.
- Reserve some of the oat/seed mixture unblended so that it adds colour and texture to the overall mixture
- Once all stages have been completed, stir in reserved oat/seed mixture and keep porridge in a lidded container the fridge
- To Serve Spoon chia seed porridge into bowls, top with milk and some fresh blueberries, banana’s, strawberries etc. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.