Breakfast Oat Nuggets Using GF Oats
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas or apple puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups of GF Oats
- 1/2 cup ground nuts of choice or desiccated coconut
- 100g dried fruit of choice eg. cranberries, raisins, dried apple
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix by hand until well blended and start to bind.
- Form into 12 cookies and roll them in some more oats for decoration.
- Flatten slightly once they are on the tray.
- Bake for 30 – 35minutes or until golden brown in a pre-heated oven approx. 160oC.
Store in a sealed container for approximately a week or pop into the freezer for an ongoing supply.Recipe inspired by Teresa Cutter – The Healthy Chef.