Chocolate Chunk Oat Slice
Chocolate Chunk Oat Slice – try this delicious healthy snack recipe made with Gloriously Free Oats. Great for school or work lunchboxes.
2 cups Sweet William Choc Buttons
2 cups GF Oats
55g Coconut Butter
½ cup Desiccated Coconut
½ cup Almond meal
1 Banana, mashed
2 tspns Bicarb-Soda
4 tbsps boiling water
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 170oC. Prepare a baking tray by lining with baking paper
- Blend the chocolate buttons into chunk sizes, I did it in my thermomix but a blender would do the same thing for about 3 – 5 seconds.
- Add all dry ingredients and banana into a bowl
- Mix bicarb-soda, boiling water and maple syrup together, then add to the dry ingredients. I stirred the ingredients together by hand
- Mix well to combine
- Scoop mixture onto the prepared baking tray approx. 33 x 23 cm
- Bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes until golden
- Remove from the oven and cool
- Store in an airtight container and eat within a few days
Delicious for the Easter weekend or a chocolate twist for Anzac Day.