Glyphosate Statement by GF Harvest, August 15, 2018
Based on recent articles on testing of oat products for Glyphosate, GF Harvest/GFO Inc. would like to assure our customers that we do not allow our contracted growers to use Glyphosate as a drying agent in the harvest process of oats. We have our raw seed randomly tested for pesticides by third-party labs and results have always come back at “below detectable levels” or “none detected” depending on the labs reporting practices.
Our top priority is to provide quality oat products that meet the following standards:
- We test below 10 ppm for gluten.
- Over the last 5 years, 99% of our products test at <5 ppm in our internal labs and in two of our third-party labs.
- Our oats are free from the top 8 allergens (Wheat, Soy, Dairy, TreeNuts, Peanuts, Fish, Shellfish, and Egg)
- We are free from pesticide and herbicide residue in both our traditional (conventional) products, as well as, our organic products. For our organic oat products, we only use the third party certified organic growers to assure compliance with the USDA standards.
- Third-party certified for gluten-free, organic, non-GMO, and kosher.
- SQF Certified (Global Food Safety Initiative Program)
We track our oats from the time they are planted until they are packaged. We have our own storage cleaning plant and milling operation, that has only had our gluten-free oats processed in it. We also have our own packaging facility. We walk all fields to inspect for gluten-containing grains and have an ongoing relationship with our farmers to assure that you have the safest possible product. We are a family-owned business with all owners being diagnosed with celiac disease. We are faithfully and ferociously gluten-free since2003. We are excited to be your source for safe, gluten-free oat products.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.comJill SmithChiefQuality Officer and Co-OwnerGFO Inc/GF Harvest, LLCwww.gfharvest.com