Healthy Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
Recipe by Kristy Sayer – Jones from www.southerninlaw.coms
Sourced from our 50 Ways with GF Oats available in our Online store
Who doesn’t love brownies? But who feels they are a guilty treat? Here’s a healthy, delicious alternative.
A great healthy snack for any time you feel like something sweet.
- 3/4 cup (190g) plain Greek yoghurt*
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (50-100g) unrefined cane sugar**
- 1/2 cup (45g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (50g, GF Oats ground into oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- To top: ~1/2 cup of your favourite peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Grease and/or line a 6x6″ baking dish or 8x8″ baking dish (your brownies will just be thinner but still delish!) and set aside.
- Mix together your wet ingredients (yoghurt, milk, egg and vanilla) and sugar.
- Add in your cocoa powder, mixing until just combined.
- Next, add in your oats (or flour, see notes below for non-oat options), baking powder and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Pour your brownie mixture into your prepared tin.
- If your peanut butter is quite solid, melt it over low heat until you’re able to drizzle it.
- Drizzle your peanut butter all over the top of your brownie batter, swirling the peanut butter mixture with your brownie batter with a knife to create a swirled pattern.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until your brownies are cooked through and a skewer inserted into the middle removes clean.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing (it actually makes it even easier to slice them cleanly if you chill them in the fridge first).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or chilled in the fridge (we like these ones cold – but the choice is yours!).
*You can use full fat, low fat or fat-free Greek yoghurt – all work perfectly!
**Use more/less depending on how sweet you like your baked goods!
Let us know how it turns out for you!