Australia Day is a perfect day to bake some Healthy Snacks for Lunch Boxes
With Australia Day and going back to school happening all in one week, it’s a perfect time to bake some healthy snacks for lunch boxes and picnics.
Seriously I don’t know about your house but when there is a batch of oat biscuits come out of the oven, it is NOT the flies that swarm into the kitchen, it is another species with 2 legs and bottomless pits it seems. I had to hide this batch to enable us to get a photo before they disappear.
Finding a healthy snack for lunch boxes is always my goal and this recipe ticks all the boxes.
4 ingredients make this combination super easy, so give it a go and send us some of your creations.
- 1 cup of GF Oats
- 4 tbs butter (or 60g)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp of banana flour or gluten-free flour
- Melt the butter
- Then mix everything together
- Take teaspoons full and place on a paper-lined tray, giving room to spread
- Flatten out a little
- Bake for 12 mins at 180C (360F) – now watch them as your oven may be different than mine. You want to see a beautiful golden colour.
- Don’t touch them until they cool completely
- TIP: They should spread quite thinly across the tray, if they don’t you added a little too much flour, if they are too thin, add a sprinkle more flour. Either way, they are seriously delicious.
Recipe inspired by – http://slimbirdy.com/2015/03/13/oat-snap-cookies/
Want more healthy ideas for your lunchboxes see our Back to School recipes
or other recipes for Australia Day take a look here.