How good do these lamington oat bites look? Well, wait until you taste them! Delicious and healthy. A great treat for lunchboxes, morning tea or just want a snack.
- Serves 12
- 100g GF Oats (blended into a flour)
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 100g vanilla or chocolate plant-based protein powder (needs to be plant-based for texture)
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½-1 large block dark chocolate (depending on whether you want to fully coat or not)
- Shredded coconut for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- If not already done blend the oats in a food processor/bullet until they become a fine powder.
- Combine the oat flour, baking powder, protein powder and salt.
- Whisk the eggs and add in the honey.
- Combine the wet and dry mixture until smooth.
- Line a baking tray and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven or till the cake mixture is baked through.
- Let cool and slice into 12 or 24 even slices.
- Melt the chocolate and coat the cake pieces.
- After coating with chocolate roll in the coconut or dust the coconut over the wet chocolate on the pieces
Let us know how they turn out.