Recipe by GF Oats – featured in LunchBox Ebook – Enjoy this healthy and delicious gluten-free muesli slice perfect for a lunchbox snack
- 240g GF Oats Biscuit Crumble
- 150g Cream Cheese (dairy-free is an option)
- 1 cup of GF Oats
- 2 cups of Puffed Rice cereal
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free flour mix (I use Well & Good)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup of sultanas or dried fruit of choice (optional)
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin seeds/sunflowers seed
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 2 eggs (use stewed apple for Vegan alternative)
- 2 tbsp GF Oats Raw Honey
Preheat oven to 180C. Line the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm (3cm deep) pan with baking paper, allow an overhang to assist with removing the slice once cooked.
Combine the GF Oats Biscuit Crumble with the cream cheese in a food processor or Thermomix (blend on Speed 4 approx 30-40 secs until combined). Pour the mix in the prepared tin and distribute evenly to form the base.
Combine dry ingredients, GF Oats, cereal, flour, sugar, coconut, and dried fruit, into a bowl.
Whisk together oil, eggs and honey in a jug, stir into the oat mixture.
Transfer to the tin with the base already in the base. Spread evenly and press the mixture into the pan.
Bake for 25-30 mins until lightly browned on top. Allow cooling in the pan. I even refrigerated before I cut it into desired snack sizes.
Can be kept in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Variation: You can drizzle chocolate over the top or add choc chips to the mix if you desire.
Makes approx.: 24 small slices. (It’s full of goodness and very filling)