Watch me make these delicious Easter Eggs on our youtube channel! I actually loved trialing this recipe. How quick and easy and another way to get the kids back in the kitchen? It’s just that ex-teacher in me really loving the teaching moments. Wash your hands, roll your sleeves up and get them mixing and rolling. This is a great little no bake recipe.
Share your results with us! #gfoatsrecipes
- 1/3 cup GF Oat Flour (available soon!)
- 2/3 cup GF Quick Oats
- 1 overripe banana – you could use apple
- 3 tbsp nut butter
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp GF Oats Honey or maple syrup
- GF Oats Chocolate Chips
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line a large plastic container with non-stick paper.
- Measure 2/3 cup quick oats and 1/3 cup oat flour (if you don’t have oat flour, please click here for the recipe).
- In a large bowl, mash the banana thoroughly. Add the oat flour, and remaining 2/3 cup of rolled oats. Mix in the nut butter, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the honey or maple syrup and the vanilla extract and mix until completely combined.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll the dough into balls and place into the prepared container and into the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has set, remove from the fridge and mold into egg shapes.
Want some Decoration Ideas?
Try rolling your eggs in crushed chocolate chips, chopped nuts, coconut, or hundreds & thousands. Drizzle with delicious chocolate sauce – try our recipe here – or yoghurt, and enjoy!