These Oatmeal Pancakes are super delicious and highly nutritious and I really wanted to share them seeing it is Shrove Tuesday next week. For all you fellow Catholics out there.
These babies are so easy to prepare, you can make them from scratch in no time. But my tip would be to make a double batch and pop the left-overs in the fridge, to make up easily the following day.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, Yummo!
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup GF Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- Coconut Oil, for frying
- Maple Syrup or Honey, to Serve
- Fresh Fruit of your choice, to serve
- In a food processor or Thermomix, combine the peeled bananas, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and well blended (Thermomix approximately 10 seconds on Speed 5). Allow the batter to then stand for 10-20 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Fry heaped spoonfuls of the oatmeal pancake batter until golden brown, flip to cook on both sides.
- Remove from pan once cooked and serve drizzled with your choice of maple syrup or honey. Serve with fresh fruit and a side of yoghurt.