Have you heard of resistant starch?
Australian’s essentially don’t eat enough of this type of fibre. And recent research is uncovering it’s significant health and weight loss benefits.Starches found in Gloriously Free Uncontaminated Oats resist digestion in the small intestine. So as they travel through the large intestine, they help to generate a range of beneficial changes. As a result, they can impact on your wellbeing and waistline in a number of ways:
- Encourages the growth of healthy bacteria, this is known as the “prebiotic effect”
- Reduces GI of the meal and foods that are eaten
- Also makes you feel full and helps prevent over-eating
- Protects the bowels against damage, including damage caused by an excessive protein in the diet
- Helps to keep you regular
In conclusion, oats are classified as a resistant starch. And therefore, will help with your overall health.Resource: Grains and Legumes Association