Thank you, Sharon Simonsen, for this amazing GF Oats Recipe – Oats Coconut and Cacao Cookies! We can’t wait to try it!
Don’t forget to send us your GF Oats recipe with a photo of your creation to get a $25 discount code to spend on any item on our website! We’d like to thank everyone that has sent theirs in, we appreciate your time and effort!
- 1 cup GF Quick Oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas peeled and mashed (not too ripe)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil gently warmed into liquid
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almond flour, coconut, sea salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a second bowl, mash the bananas well, then stir in the vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined; fold in the cacao nibs and chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 175D and prepare 2 baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form the cookies. Dip the measuring cup in water before filling it with the mixture to avoid sticking. Flip the measuring cup down on the prepared cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- If you prefer smaller cookies, just use 2 tablespoons full, and use your fingers to round them up and flatten them a bit.
- Flatten the tops a bit with your fingers.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden on the edges. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be fragile until they are completely cooled down.
Let us know how your Oats Coconut and Cacao Cookies turn out.