Smoothies are delicious and have a lot of health benefits making them an awesome summer treat for your mind and body! Some benefits can include weight loss, preventing dehydration, keeping you full, controlling cravings and aiding digestion.
So today, we’ve provided our top 3 favourite oat smoothie recipes for you to try this summer! These smoothie recipes are all delicious, Low Carb Smoothies and of course, use our very own GF Oats.
SMOOTHIE 1: BANANA SPINACH & OAT SMOOTHIE
This healthy recipe comes from Becky at @becky_marathonhealthandfitness on Instagram. Becky makes this smoothie as a post-run shake and says it’s so delicious, it is almost like a dessert (but a healthy one)!
Becky finds that this shake gives her energy after her long runs and kept her full for longer and with adding in some GF Oats, it is even more filling, its the perfect thing to have after a workout when you don’t want a full meal. We have tried it out and it’s definitely been popular in the GF Oats Kitchen.
- 1 frozen banana
- Handful of spinach
- 3 tbsn GF Oats
- 1 tspn @mayversfood peanut butter (well, tbsp really )
- 1 tspn chia seeds
- 1 tspn linseeds (also known as flaxseeds)
- 2 tbspn protein powder of choice
- 1/2 fill with milk of choice – try oat milk using our oat making kit
- 1/2 fill with filtered water
- Blitz in a blender. Decorate as per taste.
Instagram links @becky_marathonhealthandfitness
SMOOTHIE TWO: PINEAPPLE, BANANA & MINT OAT SMOOTHIE
- ½ cup of skim milk or ¼ cup of full fat and ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of Natural Yoghurt
- ½ cup of GF Oats
- ½ cup of banana
- ½ cup of pineapple
- Mint leaves
- Blitz all ingredients in a blender. Decorate with mint leaves and a slice of Pineapple on the edge of the glass.
SMOOTHIE 3: Apple Crush Smoothie
(one of the favourites from our GF Oats Smoothie Ebook you can download here.
- 1 apple (skin on)
- ½ cup GF Oats
- ½ cup of milk of choice
- ½ cup ice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon GF Oats Honey or maple syrup
Cut apple into pieces
Put all ingredients in blender
Blend until smooth
Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy
These smoothie recipes are all delicious Low Carb Smoothies and of course, use our GF Oats.
With all that in mind, the GF Oats team have compiled our top 3 smoothie recipes just for you!