Skip to content Scroll to Top
Porridge for Breakfast with Stewed Rhubarb
- 3 cups (300g) GF Oats
- 800mls filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt and cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and leave for overnight preferably or for 5 minutes to soak.
- This will make the porridge extra creamy and smooth.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding more water if required until the porridge has the desired consistency.
- Serve with LSA (ground linseeds, almonds and sunflower seeds), baked pears, quinoa milk or yoghurt on top or stewed rhubarb (recipe below).
Stewed Rhubarb Ingredients
- 4-5 medium-size rhubarb stalks, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large granny smith apple cut into wedges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 whole cloves
- 3 strips of orange rind
- 2 tbsp honey250ml water
Stewed Rhubarb Method
- Place all ingredients in a stainless steel pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes only, as the rhubarb will soften very quickly. Serve warm or cold but fabulous on porridge.