A Delicious Easter Treat
If you are looking for a delicious Easter treat, with healthy ingredients and quick and easy to prepare. This recipe is for you!
Raw GF Oats Chocolate Balls
- 150g GF Oats Chocolate Muesli
- 50g Coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup or 246g Dates
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla (Optional)
CHOCOLATE COATING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or sweetener or choice
- ½ cup Coconut Butter
- Soak Dates in boiling water for about 15 mins.
- Melt the coconut butter on the stove in a saucepan for approximately one minute. Remove from heat and stir in all other ingredients except for dates.
- Drain soaked dates and blitz in a food processor or thermo-mix. (approx 3 seconds on speed 3 in thermo-mix)
- Add all other combined ingredients to dates and blitz for an extra 10 seconds.
- Roll teaspoon sized balls with the blended mix, place in the fridge to set.
- Prepare Chocolate topping: In a saucepan on the stove, heat pan and add all chocolate coating ingredients, mix until well melted. Take off heat.
- Once the choc balls have set, remove from fridge and re-roll if you want perfect shaped balls.
- Dip each ball into the slightly cooled chocolate coating liquid and place on a plate to set in the fridge.
Makes 21 Raw Chocolate Balls.