Delicious Healthy Easter Treat
If you are looking for a Delicious Healthy Easter Treat, with healthy ingredients and quick and easy to prepare. This recipe is for you! Great for school or work lunchboxes. Pack in your picnic basket for your Easter picnic.
The kids are still getting their chocolate treat but much healthier.
Raw GF Oats Chocolate Balls
- 150g GF Oats Chocolate Muesli
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup or 246g Dates
- 50g Coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla (Optional)
CHOCOLATE COATING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or sweetener or choice
- ½ cup Coconut Butter
- Soak Dates in boiling water for about 15 mins.
- Melt the coconut butter on the stove in a saucepan for approximately one minute. Remove from heat and stir in all other ingredients except for dates.
- Drain soaked dates and blitz in a food processor or thermo-mix. (approx 3 seconds on speed 3 in thermo-mix)
- Add all other combined ingredients to dates and blitz for an extra 10 seconds.
- Roll teaspoon sized balls with the blended mix, place in the fridge to set.
- Prepare Chocolate topping: In a saucepan on the stove, heat pan and add all chocolate coating ingredients, mix until well melted. Take off heat.
- Once the choc balls have set, remove from fridge and re-roll if you want perfect shaped balls.
- Dip each ball into the slightly cooled chocolate coating liquid and place on a plate to set in the fridge.
Makes 21 Raw Chocolate Balls.