Raw Oat Milk Recipe
Try this raw oat milk recipe, a healthy alternative to dairy. Why not try out our Oat Milk Making Kit to really make things easy?
1 cup GF Oats
1 1/2 litres water (you can substitute some of the water for Coconut Water if you like)
At least several hours before you’re going to make the oat milk:
1. Place the oats and dates in a bottle/container pour the water over them, and shake or stir for a moment.
2. Let them soak in the refrigerator for at least several hours or more; overnight is fine. The longer the soaking time the tastier the final product.
When you’re ready to make your oat milk:
3. Transfer the oat mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the contents of the blender into a clean nut milk bag (muslin cloth will work fine also) that you’ve placed over a bowl large enough to hold all the oat milk, and strain it through the bag. This involves squeezing, kneading, squishing and ‘milking’ the bag. The idea is to get all the liquid through the bag, leaving only what’s left of the solid oats inside.
5. Your oat milk is now ready! Just pour it into clean glass jars, cover and refrigerate.
You will notice that after your oat milk has been sitting for a little while it will start to separate. Just shake it up before you use it.
Recipe adapted from Natural Health Strategies