PREP TIME: 45 min + chilling
COOK TIME: nil
- 2 ½ cup (275g) Glorious Free Oats Chocolate Muesli
- 1 cup (110g) desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (185ml) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 2 cups (320g) raw cashews, soaked for 30 min in boiling water.
- ½ cup (125ml) tinned coconut cream
- 2/3 (160ml) cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 (80ml) cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups (230g) frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x punnet fresh raspberries
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin cake tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Base: In a large food processor bowl place, the Glorious Free Oats Chocolate Muesli along with the desiccated coconut, coconut oil, vanilla and cacao. Pulse the mixture in short bursts until it comes together to form a crumbly mixture.
- Take 1/3 cup of the base mixture and set aside in a container. Scoop ¾ cup of the mixture into the base of the springform cake tin and press evenly out along the base of the tin. Use the remaining mix to press evenly around the side edges of the tin. Place into the freezer to set.
- Raspberry Coulis: Add the raspberries, water and coconut oil into a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the raspberries have melted down and created a sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Filling: Place the cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and lemon juice into a clean bowl of the food processor. Blitz until the mixture become smooth and creamy.
- Assembly: Remove the chilled base from the freezer and add ½ of the filling mixture into the base. Add ½ of the raspberry coulis mix in spoonful’s around the top of the filling mixture. Using a knife or skewer marble the two together.
- Add the remaining filling mixture over the top and smooth off. Add the remaining raspberry coulis evenly over the filling. Take the 1/3 cup of extra base that was set aside and crumble over the top of the cheesecake.
- Place into the freezer and freeze for 6-8 hours. Remove 1- 2 hours prior to serving to defrost. Garnish with fresh raspberries upon serving.
- The defrost time of the cheesecake will depend on the ambient temperature. It will take longer during the cooler months to defrost as opposed to a shorter time during summer.
- To speed up the defrost time pop it into the microwave and defrost in 20-30 second bursts until it starts to just soften.