Vegan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
Here’s a delicious, healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies recipe with Chickpeas.
Great for lunchboxes and as a healthy snack.
- Baking paper
- 1 cup Date paste or agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¾ Nuttelex butter
- 2 tablespoons Aquafaba (liquid from chickpea can)
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and pureed in a Blitzer
- 2 cups GF flour
- ½ cup GF Traditional Oats
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sweet William Choc baking chips and or White Choc baking buttons
- Preheat the oven 180c. Line the baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the chickpeas into a blender and blitz.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of an electric mixer, beat the date paste/agave nectar or maple syrup and butter on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the Aquafaba and vanilla, then the pureed chickpeas. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
- Add the Chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about two inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set, 11-13 minutes: do not over bake. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
See more recipes here