Everything you wanted to know about WHY I fell in LOVE with GF OATS
So you want to know why we love GF Oats! One day late in 2007 I was doing some ‘Googling’ away, as you do. I came across a company in the US who were selling oats that were claimed to be ‘gluten free oats’. As a lot of people are today, I was very intrigued by this.
I too thought that oats weren’t gluten-free, but didn’t really understand why. Long story short I reached out to GF Harvest in 2008, who were just finalising details to be export ready. We worked with their brokers and in 2009 we welcomed our first pallet of gluten-free oats.
It was not very long before the word got out and we were made aware that we were unable to claim the oats were gluten-free oats here in Australia due to a clause in the Australia Labelling Laws.
At this point, I think I knew within me, that I was going to fall in LOVE with this product. Here we are, 9 years later still importing and sharing with Australia this fabulous product.
So let me expand and share why we Love GF Oats.
- I LOVE that we can provide the Australian community with an “Oats they can trust”. A product that has no contamination from the gluten found in wheat, rye and barley. Many brands in Australia that we have independently tested are extremely contaminated all testing 80ppm and over. Our product meets Australia gluten-free standards testing in the fact that they are <5ppm. Check out our compliance page on our website.
- I LOVED that we were the pioneers here in Australia with this product. Australian customers were, in fact, email me requesting access to this product. Even though the first 5 years were very difficult dealing with passionate gluten-free industry leaders, we knew that if we didn’t import this product someone else would. I knew that I could support this product and educate people regarding the new scientific facts about this product.
- I LOVE that people can say good morning while enjoying a healthy uncontaminated bowl of oats throughout the year. But there really is nothing like that bowl of hot porridge on a cold winters morning. Creamy, slightly nutty and even a little sweet, oats are truly one of the most unique, humble superfoods we can eat.
Why We Love Gf Oats Health Benefits
- I LOVE that the health benefits of this product are amazing. To outline a few They are great for those who are working out, weight loss, heart disease & lowering blood sugar. Oats’ contain beneficial fibres that come specifically from a type of soluble fibre known as beta-glucans. These fibres have been found to improve immune function and keep harmful bacteria away that leads to illness. Beta-glucans in oats have also been linked to even preventing cancer, especially breast and colon cancer. One-half cup of oats has over 25 per cent of your recommended amount of biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin responsible for healthy metabolism and digestion. It also contributes to great hair, skin, and nails. These are but just a few. Yah for the humble Oats!
- I LOVE, LOVE that civilisations have been enjoying this humble grain for nearly as long as humans have been around. It is, in fact, one of the most popular of the ancient grains.
- I LOVE that oats can satisfy and energise and I have seen many and varying applications to add oats to any dish. Serve this humble superfood savoury or sweet. We even have a Recipe Ebook you can access in our online store, but keep reading to see our offer below.
- I LOVE that we are expanding the range to offer 2 varieties of muesli and now our Breakfast Go Packs. Check them out in our online store.
Give your GF Oats some Love!
So don’t forget to give your GF Oats some LOVE this Valentine’s Day and we want to give YOU some LOVE and offer you a FREE Copy of our Recipe Ebook for a limited time. So jump over to our Online store and grab a copy!