GF Oats Anzac Biscuits
At GF Oats, we love Anzac biscuits more than anything.
Who doesn't love the Aussie tradition and the delicious taste of Anzac Biscuits?
Oats are simply the best in biscuits because the simple wholesome flavour offsets the sugariness and syrupy ingredients in biscuits. That's the thing about Anzac biscuits that keeps us coming back for more: the perfect marriage of sweet and savoury! The contrast between the crispness and soft chewiness makes for a satisfying snack all year round. But we can't help associating it with Autumn, mild and pleasant, and Anzac day.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats /100g
- 100g butter or Nuttlex
- 2 tblspn syrup
- 1 cup brown or coconut sugar /70g
- 1 cup desiccated coconut/50g
- 2-3 tspns water
- Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar, and coconut in a large bowl; mix well.
- Combine butter, syrup and water into a bowl and stir over low heat on the stove without boiling, until butter has melted OR in your Thermomix for 2min/60oC/Speed2.
- Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients in a bowl; mix well or add into Thermomix with the syrup mixture. Don‚Äôt add extra bicarb, it‚Äôs already in the flour mix.
- Roll the mixture into balls in your hands and place on a pre-greased baking tray.
- If the mixture is too dry (ie. When you try to roll the mixture into balls it falls away) add more water by the tablespoon.
- Grease a rectangular 19cmx29cm slice pan; line base and sides with alfoil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press 2/3 of the above mixture over the base of the prepared pan. Spread evenly with marmalade; crumble the remaining mixture over the top.
- Bake biscuits in approx: 160oC for 12-15minutes or until biscuits have browned. Let biscuits cool on the tray to harden and then transfer to the cooling rack.
The Perfect GF Anzac biscuits
A snack to be enjoyed by the whole family, we hope these oat-filled biscuits serve you well, on Anzac day or any other day of the year.