I found this Oatmeal Bread Recipe on a site called: Basic Gluten Free Vegan Girl and thought I would share it with you.
Ingredients- makes 1 medium loaf:
- 1 cup certified Organic GF Uncontaminated oats
- 1 cup certified oat flour ( or you can make your own with oats ground into a flour in a food processor/blender)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 heaped tbsp roasted almond or nut butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Combine the steamed rolled oats and boiling water into a medium-sized bowl, and let this sit for a few minutes before adding in apple cider vinegar and half of the plant-based milk. This should remain as-is for about 5-10 minutes, or until the oats are soft.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining dry ingredients before stirring this in with the oatmeal. In a food processor add in the remaining half plant-based milk, nut butter and dates, and pulse until you have a completely smooth mass. Stir this into the batter, and mix for a few minutes to absorb some of the liquids. Then pour the batter into a bread pan with a baking sheet underneath, and sprinkle on a bit of dry rolled oats.
- Place this in the oven for 1 hour, and check to see if the bread is properly baked through the middle. If not, allow it to bake for up to 45 additional 5 minutes until you see that the top is slightly golden and the inside is not too moist.
- Let the bread rest on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing it. Let me tell you in advance that this bread is eaten so quickly, so I highly recommend doubling the recipe to make two loaves. If bread is not that popular in your household though you can slice it into pieces and store in the freezer. That way you can always grab a slice and toast it whenever you are craving bread.