How to Cook Oats
We’d love to show you how to cook oats, so you get it right everytime. Cooking with Gloriously Free Oats is very quick and easy.
We have worked with the growers at GF Harvest over the years to produce a rolled and steamed oat that is soft and absorbs the moisture easily.
It is not a quick oat, but you can pop them in your blender to break the oats down further. This will allow them to cook even faster if that is that assists your morning routine. However, the way it comes does cook within minutes.
(this is my favourite way, not a big fan of microwave cooked food)
- Measure out a serve that suits you into a cooking pot eg. 40-60 or ½ to 1 cup.
- Add in ½ cup of water per ½ cup of oats and a pinch of salt.
- Preparing your oats the night before and leaving them to soak overnight will ensure that they are easier to digest, check out our article “How to soak your Oats”. The rolled oat is lovely and moist as they draw up the liquid and will cook very quickly for you.
- Cook on a medium heat stirring periodically so the oats do not burn. If the oats start to dry out, add in some more water or your preferred milk or milk alternative.
- Once the oats are of a creamy consistency it is cooked.
- Follow the quantities above and add to a microwave dish.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high.
- Cooking time may vary but take the oats out and stir or add more liquid and then cook again for another minute until it is soft and creamy in consistency.