GF Oats in Your Diet -
Our recommendations and customer recommendation:
When introducing these GF oats into your diet, for some of you will need to go slower than others. Remember everyone is different. If you have a lot of gut-related issues eg. Flatulence, bloating or pain then your gut health is quite poor so my suggestions are that you go slowly, it's no race and the benefits are worth it.
Oats are now recommended for Coeliac patients, please read the updated Statement from the Coelic Society. GF Oats are recommended as a SAFE brand of oats. Please note we are the Gold Standard in Oats due to being the only brand that follows the Global Oats Protocol to ensure nil contamination from glutenous grains.
The recommended serve to start with is 50g, which is why we offer sample sizes across the whole range in our Online Shop.
I have done a few articles over the years on how to introduce Gloriously Free Oats into your diet you are welcome to check them out further but the outline is:
1. Please soak your oats, read more about that here,
Why Soak your Oats
2. Introduce them slowly, if you are really unsure, soak 1 tspn of oats, try that one morning, then leave for 4 days before you try again and slowly build up from there.
Here is how our customers introduced GF Oats into their diet
I love this question and I love the ideas and the various ways people are using these oats in their diet every day is exciting.
- I sprinkled a little on my fruit at breakfast
- Started baking with the oats
- I introduced it in small amounts in my smoothies, then built up
- Porridge is, of course, the all-time favourite but start with around 40g
- Soak the oats overnight in a little water and salt, drain and cook the next morning
- Some started with making a Muesli
- Small daily serve
- I started using the oats in slices, this is My favourite way of eating them
- Substituting flour with oats for thickening
- Some introduced oats under medical supervision, which of course is the preferred option recommended by the coeliac society
However you decide to introduce these oats, and by all means, we would love to hear your comments below, please enjoy!!