- 1/2 cup of butter or alternative
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 cup of GF Oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce or one grated green cooking apple
- 2 bananas
- 1 tspn of vanilla
- 1 tspn of baking powder (only if using just brown rice flour)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tspn of cinnamon
optional chocolate chips
- Blend the butter with your electric mixer. Add the banana. Then add all the wet ingredients including the apple.
- Now mix in the dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined. The mixture should resemble a wet dough and you need to be able to apply it in your hands to roll into balls without the dough falling apart. If it is a little dry just add some water by the tablespoon.
- Roll into small biscuit size balls. Press down gently with a fork and place in the oven for about 15mins or until lightly browned.
These are a delicious alternative for breakfast or on the run. No sugar and low in fat.
Note: You could add 1/2 cup of almond meal with 1/2 cup of the gluten-free flour option which would increase the protein content.