GF Oats Turns 14!
Celebrate GF Oats' 14th Birthday with a mouthwatering Birthday Cake! This recipe is a delightful combination of ground oat flour, gluten-free flour, and chocolate chips, specially crafted to honour this joyous occasion. Indulge in this allergen-friendly cake that's perfect for celebrating while being mindful of dietary restrictions.
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 30groom temperature cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 Fahrenheit.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add your ripe bananas to a blender and blend until smooth. You can mash them, but I find the texture of the cake is best with pureed banana instead of mashed.
- Measure out 1 cup and add to a mixing bowl with all wet ingredients.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, aside from the chocolate chips, making sure to spoon and level the flour.
Mix until smooth, then fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer to your prepared pan and bake for 22-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Meanwhile, beat together the softened butter and cream cheese for 2-3 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar followed by the vanilla until smooth and creamy.
If it's too thick, add a splash of milk, if you want it thicker, add more sugar.
Once the cake has cooled, add the frosting on top and enjoy!