Australia Day is a perfect day to bake some Healthy Snacks for Lunch Boxes
With Australia Day and going back to school happening all in one week, it's the perfect time to bake some healthy snacks for lunch boxes and picnics.
Seriously, I don't know about your house but when there is a batch of oat biscuits come out of the oven, it is NOT the flies that swarm into the kitchen, it is another species with 2 legs and bottomless pits it seems. I had to hide this batch to enable us to get a photo before they disappear.
Finding a healthy snack for lunch boxes is always my goal and this recipe ticks all the boxes.
4 ingredients make this combination super easy, so give it a go and send us some of your creations.
- 1 cup of GF Oats
- 4 tbs butter (or 60g) *or alternative
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp of banana flour or gluten-free flour
- Melt the butter
- Mix ingredients together
- Take teaspoons full and place on a paper-lined tray, giving room to spread
- Flatten out a little
- Bake for 12 mins at 180C (360F)‚ now watch them as your oven may be different than mine. You want to see a beautiful golden colour.
- Don't touch them until they cool completely.
Want more healthy ideas for your lunchboxes? Download your FREE Lunchbox Snack Ebook!
Recipe inspired by SlimBirdy