Coconut flour, almond meal & wholesome oats star in this uniquely textured muffin. The coconut flour makes for a pillowy inside with a delicate crumb.
The crispy oat topping and juicy blueberries are a perfect combo pairing to this coconutty treat.
This recipe makes a small batch! 10 small muffins or 4 large - double it if you’re looking for a bigger bake!
- 30g Coconut Oil
- 30g Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 50g Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
- 30g Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 75g Almond Meal
- 50g Coconut Flour
- 25g Tapioca Starch
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Blueberries
OAT CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 5 tbsp Oats
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Vegan Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350f/160c.
- In a bowl combine wet ingredients & sugar. In another bowl combine the almond meal, flour, starch, baking powder and blueberries.
- Combine melted butter, oats & sugar - set aside.
- Mix the dry muffin ingredients into wet - gently folding to not totally squash the blueberries.
- Place by the spoonfuls into greased mini muffin cups and top with butter oats and additional blueberries, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until oat topping is slightly golden & crisp.
We would like to thank Sara @the.mindfulpeanut for creating this delicious and healthy recipe!
Shop the full range of GF Oats here.