GF Harvest Statement on Chemicals in Oats
Our Statement on Chemicals in Oats: Based on the recent articles on testing of oat products for glyphosate, GF Harvest/GFO Inc. would like to assure our customers that we do not allow our contracted growers to use glyphosate as a drying agent in the harvesting process of oats. We have our raw seed randomly tested for pesticides by third-party labs and results have always come back at “below detectable levels” or “none detected” depending on the lab reporting practices.
Our top priority is to provide quality oat products that meet the following standards:
- We test below 10 ppm (99% of our products tests at < 5 ppm) for gluten
- Our oat mill is free from the top 8 allergens (Wheat, Soy, Dairy, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Fish, Shellfish and Egg)
- We are free from pesticide and herbicide residue in both out traditional (conventional) products, as well as, our organic products. For our organic oat products, we only use third-party certified organic farmers to assure compliance with the USDA standards.
- Third-party certified for gluten-free, organic, non-GMO and kosher
- SQF certified (Global Food Safety Initiative program)
We tract our oats from the time they are planted until they are packaged. Our own oat mill has only had our gluten-free oats processed in it and we also have our own packaging facility. We walk all fields to inspect for gluten-containing grains and have an ongoing relationship with our farmers to assure that you have the safest possible product. It is a family-owned business with all owners being diagnosed with Celiac disease. We are faithfully and ferociously gluten-free since 2003.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us