It’s the month of love so why not share our fave Chocolate Sauce recipe direct from Kylie’s Kitchen using our GF Oats Chocolate Chips. This delicious sauce can be used in so many ways and Kylie shows you some quick and easy ideas in the recipe video.
- 120g GF Oats Chocolate Chips
- That’s it! But if you’d like to customise your sauce, here’s some suggestions.
- 1tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp Almond Spread (you could use Hazelnut for a Nutella-esque flavour)
- 1-3 tsp Oat Milk (this needs to be warm but not hot, or else you risk seizing your chocolate – aka, making a lumpy grainy mess)
- Place your chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and melt either with a double boiler or in the microwave. If you choose the latter, make sure to heat one minute at a time to avoid overcooking. Once the chocolate chips have melted into a smooth stirrable consistency, remove from the heat.
- If you like, you can use the chocolate sauce as is. If used to cover baked goods and then chilled, the chocolate will firm up delightfully.
- If you’d like to add some flavour and dimension to the sauce, stir in some brown sugar and vanilla, and you can flavour with almond or hazelnut spreads. Peanut butter would also be tasty!
- Depending on your preferred consistency, add a tiny dash of warm oat milk and stir well, adding a little more if necessary. Once the oat milk is completely homogenised within the chocolate, your sauce is ready to cover your dessert, adorn your baked goods, and top your ice cream. You can even use it as a base for a deliciously decadent hot chocolate!
Watch the recipe on our YouTube channel here. Enjoy! Download our fun Kids drawing comp here for your chance to win a GF Oats Kids Gift Pack.